Tuesday 28 October 2008

THE END

There are a lot of missing posts on this blog - for example, I found plastic-free (fake) marmite in cambridge - but the three months are over! (Sunday, at noon)

Since then I have bought
frozen peas
a huge jar of real marmite
ibuprofen
cheese*
a jacket potato in polystyrene from spar**
mayonaise
soy sauce***
toilet paper

So, what next? I shall most definitely continue having milk delivered, buying vegetables loose. It is at times rather fun refusing plastic, so I imagine I shall continue with this. There are a few things I intend to buy though, including some extremely warm, waterproof gloves, either a tumble dryer or a dehumidifier and two (work, home) proper water bottles (we never found ones without plastic lids).

I imagine I'll fill in some of the gaps in this blog over the next few months. And an advanced warning that this is NOT THE END. There are some plans (in Ele's head) about lent and a plastic fast, with many people. You are invited to join in!

*the women on the cheese counter didn't seem to understand my requests and I didn't feel like fighting
**a previous favourite when working late however, it was horrible, both the potato and the plastic and I don't think I shall do this again.
***I looked all over the country for a plastic-free version with no luck at all

No comments: